The Course Recommender Ontology was created during the Fall 2020 semester of Ontology Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- After the end of the Fall 2020 semester, the final versions of the ontology and its artifacts will remain available
through the various links on this website.
- Periodic updates may be made to the content available on this website.
- Periodic updates may be made to the Individuals ontology to reflect updates in course offerings each semester.
- History and related files for this ontology and website can be viewed in the Github repo.
- Future changes to the ontology and related artifacts will be documented on the website, and previous versions of
any updated artifact will remain accessible after updated versions are released.
- Anyone interested in contributing to this ontology may contact the current team members.
For more information about the ontology, please see our Design, Research, and Resources sections!
Although the Course Recommender Ontology was created and designed for our specific use case, we believe it has great
potential for expansion and implementation not only for Rensselaer’s purposes but also for institutions across the
country. If you are interested in working on the Course Recommender Ontology, please contact one of the project
members by email below:
- Sola S. Shirai - shiras2 at rpi dot edu
- Owen Xie - xieo at rpi dot edu
- Jacob Shomstein - shomsj at rpi dot edu
- Kelly Fellenzer - fellek at rpi dot edu